Quebec Funding Options
Under Régie des rentes du Québec (RRQ), parents/guardian of handicapped children may qualify for a monthly allowance, some of which may be used towards therapeutic equipment.
Step 1: Eligibility
In order to be eligible, the child must meet the following criteria:
· The individual with a disability must be under the age of 18.
· The child and the parent or guardian must reside in Quebec.
· The beneficiary or his or her spouse must be in one of the following status categories:
o Canadian Citizen
o Permanent resident
o Temporary resident who has been living in Canada for the last 18 months
o Protected person
· Medical documentation that the child has autism must be provided (see the following section for all required documentation).
Step 2: Provide Medical Documentation
Download the application package below. Both the child's parent and a professional are required to provide documentation. The parent must provide:
2. Enclosed with the form: School achievement report to be filled out by a school official, if the child is age 5 or over
3. Detailed statement of medicines purchased during the last 12 months (available from the pharmacist)
4. Results of a recent assessment in psychology (if available)
5. Results of a recent assessment and follow-up notes for the last 12 months in child psychiatry (if available). The last two items may be provided by the parents or by the professional.
A health professional (physician, psychologist, physical therapist or other health professional) must provide:
2. Results of a recent assessment in psychology (if available)
3. Results of a recent assessment and follow-up notes for the last 12 months in child psychiatry (if available)