Animals that calm the mind and body!
Weighted pets have the effect of optimizing concentration and helping children learn about their bodies and the space around them.
The Weighted Frog 2 kg (4.4 lbs) provides a sensory proprioceptive stimulation and a soothing effect on the body and mind for children and youth. These companions were designed to help children remain attentive and focused during their daily activities in different contexts. How does this tool work? This tool provides sensory proprioceptive stimulation, that is a deep pressure on the body part where it is placed, which
HOW TO USE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
▪ Reduce motor restlessness and increase concentration in class. For example: Place the Frog on the shoulders while reading a story (20 minutes)
▪ Optimize concentration during homework. For example: Place the Frog on the lap when sitting at a table to work
▪ Provide relaxation and rest at bedtime. For example: Place the Frog on the back or chest while lying down during song or story time. Remove it when the child is asleep. Other has a soothing effect on the child’s nervous system. It alleviates excess energy while providing deep pressure sensations.
WHO IS IT FOR?
We recommend it for children 3 years +, teenagers and adults, in a variety of contexts: at home, school, daycare, work and other. The Frog is often used with children with an attention deficit disorder with or without hyperactivity (ADHD, ADD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or anxiety.
▪ The following abilities will be stimulated
▪ Body awareness (feeling the body and space around)
▪ Sustaining attention and concentration ▪ Managing energy and motor restlessness
PRECAUTION It is preferable that the weighted pet be used for the prescribed time periods and under adult supervision. Weighted items for children to use or carry in a backpack to school should be only 5% to 10% of the child’s weight. This rule could apply to the use of the blankets, vest and animals, but the child’s comfort and needs should be prioritized. Using the weighted animals for a period of 15 to 20 minutes is recommended due to its weight. The effects linger for 1 to 2 hours following its use.
*Use under direct supervision of an adult and under the recommendation of an Occupational Therapist.